PROBLEM SOLVING WITH DATA ANALYTICS
1 & 2 July, 2019 – Bangkok
12 & 13 August, 2019 – Shanghai
Participants are required to bring their laptops with MS Excel (ver 2010 or later)
In recent years, data analytics has gained significant commitment from senior management. However, many organizations find it challenging to get data analytics off the ground and on the right track due to a combination of technical, cultural and capabilities factors. One of the key factor is the lack of analytics skills among the employees. While organizations may engage specialists to jump start its analytics passage or work in specific analytics projects, the potential of data analytics can only be sustained if the organization is able to build data analytics capabilities and culture throughout the organization. This workshop aims to address such capability gaps especially among professionals and managers in non-analysts roles but are required to work with or make sense of data and analyses in their daily works.
- Understand what data analytics is, and the different approached to data analytics for different problem-solving situations
- Develop analysis framework through problem definition, hypotheses development and identification of data requirement
- Understand the principles to building sustainable analytics culture in an organization
- Gain exposure to various data analytics and visualization techniques and tools
- Gain practical data analysis skills through descriptive and predictive analysis exercises with MS Excel
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for managers, professionals and staff at all levels who want to learn and improve their understanding and skills in data analytics, particularly in applying analytics to problem solving. The course is suitable for participants across all industries and work functions. Participants are required to have basic MS Excel skills; no prior knowledge of data analytics required.