DATA VISUALIZATION AND STORYTELLING
4 & 5 Nov, 2019 – Bangkok
13 & 14 Nov, 2019 – Shanghai
As awareness of data analytics grew over the last decade, it is now considered a core capability in many organizations today. As such, many individuals and organizations have invested heavily in building such capabilities; however, many continue to struggle to realize sustainable value from analytics. Much of the investments have been focused on building the “hard” data skills related to analytics; such as statistics, data engineering, data management, analysis etc. Part of the reason why many organizations fall short lies in the “last mile” of realizing value from analytics; more specifically, how to glean pivotal messages from data, how to make large & complex data sets accessible and how to structure and tell a story from the data that makes the audience care.
This workshop aims to address such capability gaps; especially for professionals and managers who have some experience with analysis; but are finding some challenges in making an impact in the “last mile” of value in analytics. This workshop is specifically designed to round up the conclusive pieces in the analytics value chain to help organizations achieve sustainable value in analytics.
• Understand what data analytics is, and the key ingredients for sustainable analytics
• Understand the analytics value and the part that effective communications with data plays in delivering the “last mile” of value
• Appreciate the thought process as well as key technical and visual considerations to designing effective data visualizations
• Appreciate the thought process as well as key technical and visual considerations to assembling data visualizations into coherent and impact dashboards
• Understand the key principles behind developing and telling a concise, coherent and compelling story from the data
• Gain exposure to various data visualization techniques and tools
• Gain practical data visualization and dashboarding skills through exercises with MS Excel
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for managers, professionals and staff at all levels who want to learn make a bigger impact with their analysis. The course is suitable for participants across all industries and work functions. Participants are required to have basic MS Excel skills; some prior knowledge of data analytics would be helpful.
Organizations that have benefited from Trainer:
• Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (Singapore)
• Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore
• Frasers Centrepoint
• Boehringer Ingelheim
• Abbott Laboratories
• ALSTOM Transport(S) Pte Ltd
• Asia Pacific Breweries (S) Pte Ltd
• Infineon Technologies Asia Pacific
• Singapore Telecommunications
• BHP Billiton Shared Service Centre
• Nestle Products
• Roche Services (Asia Pacific)
• Bank of America Merrill Lynch
• Kerry Ingredients
• Perodua Global Manufacturing
• Petroliam Nasional Berhad
• Lembaga Penjamin Simpanan Indonesia (IDIC)
• Sapura Aero
• HSBC Bank
• CIMB Bank
To ensure that the workshop delivered maximum benefit to you, a pre-course questionnaires will be sent to you prior to the event to ascertain your need. Our prominent trainer will analyze the completed form to warrant the course is customized according to your needs.