DATA STORYTELLING – NARRATIVES FROM DATA
11 November 2020 – Online Livestream via Zoom
Participants are required to bring their laptops with MS Excel (ver 2010 or later)
This workshop aims to provide a broad but practical overview of the entire analytics value chain; with a specific focus on building & telling a compelling story to an audience. Many great analyses fail to realize their potential by falling short in the “last mile” of value; more specifically, how to tell a concise, coherent, and compelling story from the data to drive decisions and actions.
This workshop seeks to build these often-overlooked capabilities in the “last mile” of value in analytics; which include, how to glean pivotal messages from data, how to structure and tell a data story that makes an audience care. This workshop aims to address such capability gaps; especially for professionals and managers who have some experience with analysis; but are finding some challenges in making an impact in the “last mile” of value in analytics.
• Understand what data analytics is, and the key ingredients for sustainable analytics
• Understand the analytics value and the part that effective communications with data plays in delivering the “last mile” of value
• Understand the key principles behind developing and telling a concise, coherent, and compelling story from the data
• Gain practical data storyboarding skills through a structured approach in the application through a case exercise
• Translate the data storyboard in the case exercise into a presentation deck that tells a concise, coherent, and compelling story.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for managers, professionals and staff at all levels who want to learn make a bigger impact with their analysis and data story telling. The course is suitable for participants across all industries and job functions. Participants are required to have basic MS Excel and PowerPoint skills; some prior knowledge of data analytics would be helpful.